Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Jenny Lee and the Preacher's Son

I was looking through some old notebooks earlier and came across this poetic masterpiece. Actually I'm not sure if it was meant to be a ribald poem or a song. It could probably work either way. But it made me laugh and I had to share it...

JENNY LEE AND THE PREACHER'S SON

Well now Jenny Lee she was a hooker
  She made about a grand a night
But Jenny, she weren't no looker
  She could give a man one hell of a fright
We used to wonder how she stayed so busy
  Good Lord, she was almost rich
The other gals on the corner didn't like her
  They all called her a skanky old witch
One night Jenny Lee was out working
  Making a midnight run
She was just gettin' done with a client
  Got a call from Reverend Simmons' son
He said, "Jenny Lee, you know I been lookin'
  "Been admirin' your stuff from afar
"And I'm hungry for what you got cookin'
  Could you meet me in a half of an hour?"
She said, "Ben Simmons, I just don't believe it
  "Mister, you should be ashamed
"Don't you care 'bout your reputation?
  "Why you wanna play this game?"
"I ain't nothin' like my daddy",
  He said, "Sometimes I gets me an itch
"And my daddy's money can't scratch it
  "Besides, he's a son of a bitch"
Now Jenny's jaw dropped wide opened
  Said "Simmons you just crossed the line"
Said "Your daddy's money can't scratch your itch
  "But it sure as hell can scratch mine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment